Home staging has always been an essential part of the real estate sales process, but in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, sellers should think about staging techniques that will make their homes stand out online. Now that home buyers are primarily relying on virtual tools to find their dream homes, home sellers need to focus on creating an appealing online presence with photos and videos. These resources will help you put together striking photo galleries and engaging virtual tours to show buyers who can’t visit your home.
Protocols for Home Sellers
To show your home to buyers, you can move
forward with virtual tours or host in-person showings by following strict
- Working with your listing agent to
host 3D virtual walkthroughs is one of the safest
ways to escort buyers around your property.
- Learn how to host private,
in-person showings while taking the necessary precautions.
- Go over these thorough cleaning tips to sanitize and disinfect your home
after prospective buyers stop by.
Prepare Your Home for Virtual Tours
Make sure your home is ready for its close-up
by organizing your belongings, taking care of repairs, and properly arranging
your furniture and decor.
- Get creative with your storage tactics by using vertical storage
solutions with open displays.
- From deep cleaning to minor
repairs to creating curb appeal, make sure to touch up every square inch of your house.
- Consider how different hues of paint could transform individual rooms.
- Since you may not want to hire a
home stager right now, these tips will help you choose the perfect decor on
High-Quality Footage of Your Home
Lights, camera, action! These guides will help
you photograph and film your home, as well as prepare your images and video
footage for public viewing.
- Shooting photos with your iPhone? Snap impressive images with this how-to guide.
- You don’t have to be a professional to take amazing photos and videos of your home – just follow these basic recommendations!
- Choose beginner-friendly video editing software to stitch your footage together and create a seamless virtual tour.
Because of our current circumstances,
traditional marketing strategies for home sellers won’t necessarily be safe or
effective. But if you can invest your time and energy into improving your
online listings and taking buyers on virtual tours, you’ll be able to find a
buyer who is ready to put down an offer.
Photo via Unsplash