Even though there are numerous promises made by policymakers across the world, the inefficiency of the recent COP 26 summit was a clear representation that one cannot rely solely on governments to drive changes regarding climate change.
Ecopreneurs are paving the way for a greener future by establishing businesses focused on sustainable practices and reducing negative impacts on the environment. If you’re passionate about starting an eco-business, this article by iEcoCleaning will take you through all the important steps you’ll need to take.
Embrace the Triple Bottom Line
The hallmark of a sustainable business is to look beyond financial gains and be a leader in terms of social responsibility and sustainability. The triple bottom line concept includes following the 3 Ps:
- People: This includes the positive impact your business has on the community, such as partnering with local NGOs for eco-friendly initiatives, donating towards sustainable causes, and more.
- Planet: Your business needs to take active steps towards reducing its carbon footprint, adopt sustainable operational practices and help others in doing the same.
- Profit: All businesses need profit to survive, however, yours should not come at the cost of increasing emissions, or unethical practices.
Focus on Marketing
According to research, more than half of all global consumers now seek to buy eco-friendly products. To attract customers to your business, implement the following steps:
- Publish blogs explaining your eco-friendly initiatives, manufacturing process, and sustainable goals.
- Leverage social media to promote and sell products.
- Connect with industry experts and hold real-time Q&A sessions on your website or social media.
- Utilize email marketing to educate customers about your products, share offers, and provide incentives to receive referrals.
Set Up Your Business the Right Way
At the end of the day, you will be competing with other green businesses for market share and sales. Here are a few ways to gain a competitive edge:
- Establish an LLC: A Limited Liability Company provides you complete freedom towards making changes to your business practices and allows you to pay lower taxes.
- Get Certified: As reported by Oracle, businesses that are green certified receive more customers and business grants. Popular certifications include LEEDS, Energy Star, Green Seal, and more.
- Leverage Technology: Technology leads to greener, more efficient business practices. So use a bank account balance API, for example, to verify balances in real time and prevent overdrafts.
As an ecopreneur, not only will you be able to give back to your local community but play a major role in tackling climate change and driving the world towards a healthier future.
This article is brought to you by iEcoCleaning, which provides a variety of cleaning services in Lake County, Florida. Choose us because of our reputation for excellence. For more information, please contact us today!